Sunday van driver and Day Resource Center Coordinator needed!
Volunteers play a significant role in all the programs of Foundation for the Homeless. Our volunteer base is diverse and experienced in many areas. These volunteers are from local congregations, schools and colleges, community groups, and the private sector. They are people who for one reason or another want to share their time, hope, and compassion.
There are many ways you can support FFH as we serve children, their families and homeless individuals in a spirit of compassion, hope and love. We have an immediate need for a Sunday Van Driver and a Sunday Coordinator. Please click on the links for more information about the specific jobs. If you are interested in any opportunities here, please e-mail or call Pam, 512-925-5309, and complete the Volunteer Application .
…or Become A Servant
Feed My People
Serve breakfast to the homeless in downtown Austin, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For our Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) shelter Program*:
- Shelter Host-Prepare meals, supervise guests, or spend the night.
- Sunday Host Back=up-Supervise at our Day Center, from 1 to 4pm when our Sunday Coordinator is off.
- Sunday Gardener-Ongoing-work with families on Sundays to create and maintain a garden.
- Kids Activities-Come in one Sunday and lead an activity for the kids.
- Mentoring-Serve as a mentor for one of the youth in our program.
- Special Events-Plan and implement a special event for our families.
- Care Packages-Collect and assemble items for care packages.
- Appointment Driver-Drive clients without cars to appointments.
- Life Skills-Teach life skills to adults, older children, or help watch the little ones.
- Volunteer Groups-Help us spruce up our Day Center.
- Volunteer Recruitment-Help us recruit and train other volunteers.
- Donations- Help organize and coordinate donations.
- Furniture Delivery-Use your truck to pick up furniture donations and take them to the storage unit and/or deliver furniture to clients as they move from shelter into their own housing.
- Supply Drives-Coordinate supply drives to gather toiletry items, household items, school supplies, office supplies, blankets and other items as needs arise.
- Office Help-Copy, file, answer the phone, and provide administrative assistance anytime M-F from 9-4:30.
*For IHN, volunteers must complete and return the Volunteer Application and coordinate their activities with FFH Staff.